If sending in a submission, please include the following:
- A safe link to your submission (Google Drive or Dropbox)
- Submission Statement / About You
THEME: This issue is open themed.
RIGHTS: We can only accept photos from the copyright holder of the submissions. If you are a part of a larger creative team interested in being published by ONLYCHILD, please have the copyright holder that you work with send us the submission.
EXCLUSIVITY: We do not require exclusivity of your submission.
GENERAL GUIDELINES & TIPS:
DIVERSITY: Our publication prides itself on showcasing the diversity within our generation. All submissions are welcome regardless of medium or subject-matter.
VARIETY: It is recommended that you provide us with a variety of images. For example, vertical/portrait images are considered as contenders for magazine covers. Horizontal/landscape images make for good double-page spreads.
FASHION AND BEAUTY submissions are required to have more than 3 looks, as well as clothing from a variety of brands.
- If more than half of the outfits are from one specific brand, then it is considered an advertorial, which is a clothing brand’s advertisement in the form of an editorial submission. Advertorials are accepted and encouraged, but are priced differently to creative submissions.
INDEMNIFICATION: Defend and indemnify the Publisher (ONLYCHILD Magazine) fully against all liabilities, damages, costs, debts, claims, and expenses which the Publisher may suffer or incur from a 3rd party claim where the material published infringes or misappropriates any third 3rd proprietary or intellectual property as a result of the breach of the above clause.
CREDITS: Please double check that all credits are correct. We require at the very minimum a) first name; b) last name; c) social handle for every submission. Under the circumstance that a member of your team does not wish to be credited in this format, please explicitly state that this is intentional.
MISSING CREDITS: In the event of missing credits, please contact us within 24 hours of your submission. Missing credits after publishing cannot be amended, due to the fact that we undergo a long and rigorous process of reviewing and proofing before uploading for distribution. Online credits can be amended.
NUDITY: Nudity is allowed, however, it must be implemented in a tasteful manner.
PERMISSIONS: One your work has been accepted for publishing, it also grants us the right to use your work in any of our upcoming projects and publications for publicity, creation, dissemination, and monetization of ONLYCHILD Magazine. You also give us the right to modify your images to fit the medium, such as cropping to fit a magazine aspect ratio.
COMPLIMENTS: You can receive free tear sheets by request after publishing. However, ONLYCHILD Magazine does not provide complimentary print copies from our print-on-demand provider, MagCloud.
Common reasons for rejection:
- Your submission does not comply with our requirements or guidelines.
- You have not supplied us with enough images to create a full story.
- There is little or no space left for placement of your work
- Your work is unsuitable or does not fit with the flow of the current issue.
- Images contain watermarks